“Volunteers do not necessarily have the time;
they just have the heart.” ~Elizabeth Andrew
Big thanks to our amazing ISMC volunteers across the country
Do I enjoy cultures different than mine +++ Do I enjoy making new friends +++ Do I live in a University town
Be a Friendship Partner
- Do I enjoy hospitality?
- Am I willing to share my heart and time with a university student?
- Am I open to learning about other cultures?
Get connected with an international student, showing them Canadian culture by inviting them into your family traditions of Christmas dinner, going to hockey games, shopping at craft sales, or driving through a car wash. Your family will benefit by experiencing firsthand the friendship of someone who’s culture is different than your own.
English Conversation Partner
- Is English my first language?
- Do I have time each week to teach a class?
- Am I interested in taking the necessary training?
If English is one of your most fluent languages, and you love to chat… this is your kind of volunteer position. Local positions vary from formal EAL teachers to informal English conversationalists.
Provide Friday Night Buffet
- Do I enjoy cooking?
- Would my homegroup enjoy supplying food for an ISMC Bible Study?
A fine evening of dining together coupled with a Bible discussion is one of the services we offer international students in most locations. These weekly gatherings are typically Friday or Saturday. Check with your local ISMC chapter to find out which day they meet.
Get involved by completing the volunteer form below and emailing it to your local ISMC chapter
- Regional Director - Southern Ontario
- Regional Director - Midwest
- Local leadership opportunities-organizing, recruiting and training volunteers
- Secretarial at national office-computer skills, filing, etc.
Requirements-contact our Candidate Director at
Note: Career staff positions require the development of prayer and financial support teams.