What we offer
- Great Canadian friends with whom to practice English
- Free food from world cuisines
- Fun games and special activities such as highland dance
- Field trips to nearby
- scenic and historic sites
- Engaging discussion on custom, cultures, faith, and others
There are many ways you can partner with ISMC Halifax, which is run solely by volunteers.
Here is a suggested list:
- Welcome guests
- Lead small group discussion
- Coordinate events
- Prepare newsletters
- Update the website
- Reach out to prospective guests
- Provide rides
- Pray for the ministry, international guests, and volunteers
- Donate to the operations where the overhead costs are zero
Indoor events (during academic year)
A mixture of culture and faith sharing, preceded by a potluck with tasty cuisines from all over the world.
First Baptist Church (Third floor)
1300 Oxford Street,
Halifax, NS B3H 3Y8
(Ring the bell on side door.)
Every Saturday (during the academic year)
Outdoor activities (during summer)
Monthly outdoor activities are organized to enable international guests to experience the beautiful scenic and historic sites near lakes and the North Atlantic Ocean.
Click here to learn about the upcoming events.
Dalhousie University (Killam Library)
6299 South Street
Every Friday, from 12:30 – 1:30 pm
One-on-One meetings to practice English, as requested.